Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Calls not made by me

I got a phone call from a local number at 6.15am and again at 7.05am so I returned the call, they said I rang them at 6.00am but we were all fast asleep. 

Looking at my bill I have been charged for a lot of calls that I haven't made and the phone was not working properly so no one used it when these calls were supposedly made.

Rang the customer service but they were useless and gave me no answers. I want a refund for the calls and it is pretty embarrassing to ring random people during the early hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls not made by me

Hi Hatters36,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the phone.

One possibility is that it could be a crossed line, if you're sure no one else was home to make those calls.

You've mentioned that the phone was not working properly, can you advise what the issue was/ is?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The phone was crackling and we couldn't hear the other person so we didn't use the home phone. I called an engineer eventually who moved the phone to the router. 

I'm wondering how long this has been going on as I do not recognise any of the calls made and they are all 20p to 50p a time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, 

I can see you're phoneline is attached to your hub- can you please reboot your modem and let me know when you've done this so I can continue to run diagnostics?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I am at work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us. No worries at all. In order for us to continue with the diagnostics, are we okay to do this remotely? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes that is fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

We'll need to discuss this further via PM as we'll be discussing call charges/possible crossed line.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had exactly the same!!! My landline has been making calls.. best thing is I dont even have a house phone and havent for 3 years! I want to know how phone calls have been made when I have no phone to make calls on!

First I found out was this morning when an engineer turned up at my house when I was at work and told me he was fixing the phone line as my line had been calling 112! 

I want virgin to explain how that is physically possible when its physically impossible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Suze

Did you get charged for the calls and did you get it back? This seems like a nice little sideline of income that people don't notice. 

It's also embarrassing to call someone at 6am!

0 Kudos