Menu
BruceDickinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Calling landlines in France

In the last few weeks I have had problems calling landlines in France. They can't hear me, but i can hear them fine. It doesn't seem to be an issue when calling other countries or within the UK.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calling landlines in France

Hi BruceDickinson,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with certain calls from your landline, we'd be happy to see what we can do.

Thank you for confirming that it only appears to be calls to France which are affected, I'm glad you've done a bit of troubleshooting. Could you let me know whether you've tested incoming calls from France as well? Have you tested any mobile numbers at all?

Could you also let me know whether the affected landline numbers are on the same network as each other? Don't worry if you're not sure, it was just worth checking on the off-chance.

Silly question, have you tried unplugging your handset and reconnecting? I know you've said that the service is working fine with other numbers, but have you been able to check an alternative handset to rule out an equipment issue?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
BruceDickinson
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls from France are fine (even from the same numbers we are having problems with). Also calls to mobiles seem to be ok.

I have tried a different handset too , and it's the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming these details. It looks like I may need to raise an IT ticket for you to have routing etc checked by our IT team.

I'll send you a private message now to confirm account details and the affected numbers. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
showoff
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Hope someone has the answer to this as its driving me mad.

I have the following

Landline: Virginmedia

1st Mobile: Virgin Mobile

2nd Mobile: GiffGaff

Making and receiving calls on any phone in the UK  is fine. When I call abroad on the Landline or Virgin mobile (tried 6 different people) they cannot hear me but I can hear them. When the same people ring me on both Virgin numbers they can hear me and I can hear them. Incoming and outgoing calls abroad on GiffGaff mobile is fine. 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for joining me for a private message, I'm glad it's all working now.

For anyone else reading this thread, this issue appears to have been caused by a fault affecting the wider business. This has now been resolved so no one should have any further issues with ongoing calls to France. If anyone does continue having problems, please create your own thread and we'll take a closer look for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

showoff
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All sorted. Thanks to everyone involved