Menu
Mike46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Caller id

For some reason caller ID has stopped on my landline. Anyone got an answer?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller id

Hi Mike46,

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the Caller ID issue. 

Check on the back or underneath the phone for a switch that says T or P, it will need to be on T. This could sometimes be on the side of the phone and they vary depending on the make.

• If it is a cordless phone you'll need to go through the menu setting on the handset's display, look for settings, tones, key tones and set to tone dialing. 
• If you still can't get the tone to work, you'll need to consult the phone manual or speak with the manufacturer/shop it was bought from. 

Let me know how you get on 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mike46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is nothing wrong with my phone. I had to set up caller ID by calling up virgin years ago and had to pay for it. It stopped working a few years ago, and had to phone virgin to put caller ID back on again. It has gone off again over the last couple of days. I phoned virgin on 150 and as per usual no joy. Just got a message all our operators are busy, call back later. Then virgin hung up. Couldn't even wait for the usual 40 minutes to get through.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I am sorry you've taken it that way and I was not suggesting there was anything wrong with it.

That is the first step on the diagnostic process to fix this, please could you check it for me and report back

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mike46
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was meaning that I have checked the phone already and it works ok. I have also been on the Panasonic website who say first I need to contact my phone provider first to set up Caller ID. I did try and phone virgin, who did hang up. As well as caller ID I should also have anonymous call rejection, but as I no longer have caller ID. The anonymous call reject will not work. I initially set up caller ID with virgin, and I did have to call them again to reinstall caller ID. And in the last few days caller ID has suddenly stopped. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed reply

My colleague from the telephony team has removed and re-added it back on there now.

Can you check if it's sorted?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos