Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Caller display not working

Caller display stopped working. I have a BT call blocker phone which obviously needs that info to work - phone purchased July 2020 

Engineer came out last Saturday 17th October as there was a fault on the line and no inbound calls. Put us onto a new line as there was a voltage drop on the original line. Said he would get the office to move the caller display function onto the new line and still waiting. in the meantime being hammered with spam callers and auto diallers

spent a couple of hours on the phone today - first call they disconnected (not impressed) and on second call was told Virgin Media haven't offered caller display for 18 months or more - strange how it was working up to the line switch and it is still advertised on the Virgin Media web site

Just got the impression the girl didnt know what she was talking about - no form of complaint option other than vent on this forum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller display not working

Caller ID is included FOC as default in the phone line itself, this was changed shortly after GDPR was introduced, are you on a TDM(copper) or 21CV line?(connected via hub).

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller display not working

I assume cooper wire - still plug into the Diamond Cable box which was installed when we first moved into the house

0 Kudos