Menu
AHB11240
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Caller display not working.

• I’ve had this feature in my package for years now and over the last week or so it has worked intermittently and now not at all. 1471 functions OK. I really need this feature to field out the many nuisance calls and also to identify callers. I’ve tried unplugging for 15 seconds to reset and that worked initially but soon all the calls reverted to ‘incoming call’. Can anyone help please?
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller display not working.

Hi AHB11240,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry that the Caller Display feature is not working as expected. Using the details we have here, I've managed to find your details to take a look. I've removed and re-added the Caller Display feature onto your telephone network, are you able to try again to see if it has made a difference?

Please let me know so I can take another look at it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
AHB11240
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying Lisa. I’ve just called my number with my mobile and it still flags up ‘incoming call’. It seems to identify calls from landline numbers more often than mobiles, but even then not reliably. Have you any other solutions?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask if this is intermittent or does it not work for all calls? Have you tried a different handset so we can rule out the handset being the culprit?

I can see if we can completely strip the number from the network and re-add the number and the Caller Display on there or see if Second Line Faults can see anything. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
AHB11240
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It’s intermittent and doesn’t work for the majority of calls both mobiles and landlines. I do have another handset, at present in use as an extension in the bedroom, but it’s old and doesn’t have a caller display facility. I’m happy to buy a new handset if necessary but want to make sure the line is working properly before I do that. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply.

Please can you try it now as my colleague has removed and re-added the option

Let me know how you get on

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AHB11240
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello John,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately the problem hasn’t been resolved. I’ve had five incoming calls today including the last one five minutes ago when I rang from my mobile. They were all logged as ‘no number’ and the call I made haD a caller id ‘no number’.

is the next step to have an engineer call to check the external connection?

Many thanks.

ann Bell

ps. Dialling 1471 correctly identifies the last caller number

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me and apologies for the delayed reply.

Has it been fixed since Tuesday, let me know if not and I can arrange a tech

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AHB11240
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good evening John,

unfortunately there’s still no caller id at all now and nothing has been fixed. Also I’ve noticed that since Tuesday I have lost the dialling tone and it’s been replaced by the intermittent engaged signal.

many thanks.

ann

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi AHB11240,

Thanks for coming back to us, as per John's last message I've gone ahead and booked a technician for you.

You can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos