Menu
saintgerards
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Caller Line Id

We switched to Virgin phone and broadband a couple of months ago, part of that was also the phone being VOIP (voice over Internet protocol)  since that time our telepohone answering maching records roughly every 30 minutes 'NO NUMBER'  the phone doesn't ring but the caller list fills up and we are missing important numbers when we want ot get back to someone.  We have to empty the caller list each day.  We didn't get this with BT.  Is the VOIP doing some sort of check every 30 minutes on the line and can we stop it showing these calls on the CLI.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller Line Id

Hi saintgerards, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had since switching to VOIP. Being honest I'm unsure what would cause this, but I'd like to take a look and see if we can identify any obvious issues - failing that we can arrange for a tech to investigate further.

Please look out for my PM so we can confirm a few details & we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller Line Id

Thanks for getting back to me saintgerards. As this wasn't something we were able to fix remotely I've scheduled a visit from an engineer so this can be looked into further.

You will find the appointment time slot via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and it can also be rescheduled or cancelled from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

0 Kudos