Menu
NigelEC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID stopped working

I am really frustrated. I had a fault on my home phone on 7 May (it was dead) . Very helpful engineer visited and found a bank of 30 phones not working in the second street side box ( ie not the nearest one but the next box further away containing 90 lines. Problem was thus a network cable fault. It was fixed on 9 May. Caller ID worked for one day and stopped on pm 10 May. I reported this via '150' on 11 May but they said they couldn't check the exchange line that day due to a problem, but they would check and fix it. Nothing more heard. On 14 May I tried again to report it via SMS, after waiting all day I was told I had been switched to the 'wrong department' they would re-route my call and be contacted - I wasn't. I tried a second time but again never had a reply. I just want to report this fault and not wait for a reply. its now almost two weeks since this stopped working and I have spent hours waiting for a call back or text reply. I don't want to wait hours I just want the fault recorded and then the problem be fixed or a return call or text to explain the problem. Help please. I have been with Virgin for at least 30 years and am very disappointed that its so difficult to register a fault. thank you. Nigel

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller ID stopped working

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry as discussed your caller I D had stopped working.

I have had a look at things my end and can not see any issues which would stop this, I will be happy to look further into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can look further into this for you, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

tpockets
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

caller id stopped working on landline nearly a week ago,tried another phone still the same.150 says phone line ok try pressing 5 .

no different.help !

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @tpockets 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post, 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your caller ID,

I have take a look over things from our end and can see that you already have an engineer coming to get this issue resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
NigelEC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Dear Zak

I am a little confused because my issue with caller ID occurred in mid 2020 and took 14 weeks to resolve. I thought someone else was reporting their own problem, but did that on the back of my messages.

However my caller ID has again stopped working this Wednesday and yes I do have an engineer booked for tomorrow, but the fault (if its the same as last time) will not be found by the engineer visit. Its in the exchange and BT has to fix it because my number was ported from BT to Virgin many years ago. there should be an extensive file on my issue from last year and I was assured that if it ever happened again (it has) the notes would explain what Virgin has to do to solve it. I was also told that an ever decreasing number of Virgin customers are in this situation and eventually we will get transferred the same way as happens for new customers (but that doesn't help me). The engineer visit is probably of no help, but its impossible to explain that on the phone helpline with estimated delays of over 60 mins, so I am letting him/her come so I can explain. If however you can intervene to explain my issue is well described on my file it would save a visit. thanks Nigel

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello @NigeIEC 

my response was to tpockets who has reported that he has had a Similar issue to yours. 

I can take a look over your account and see if we are able to advise further on your issue. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
NigelEC
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Dear Zak

Thank for the offer of assistance. An engineer came here last Saturday and said the caller ID had been turned off (why?). He said he turned it back on from the TOC side and gave me a number for the customer services team since they must also switch it back on. I rang them last Saturday and they said they had to set it up again and it would work 24 hours later. Its now over 4 days and its still not working. There should be an extensive file on my issue since it happened last year and took 14 weeks to resolve (I was told then that the file would help if it ever happened again (and its something in the exchange that requires BT make the fix) since my number was ported across from BT many many years ago). This was only fixed in 2020 after great help from people on the community. TY Nigel

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello @NigelEC,

I am sorry for everything so far.

Are you still needing help with your query? Or has everything been resolved for you now?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
NigelEC
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Dear Hayley. Its still not working and I am desperate for some help please TY

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this @NigelEC.

I am sorry that this is not working.

I have looked into this further for you, we have raised ticket with the IT team, they may call you to test this but this will be in the next 24/48 hours.

I hope this is okay for now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos