cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID stopped working

Ukoklau
Tuning in

Caller id or calling line identification presentation has stopped working. researching on line the only reason I can see is that the broadband port has to be changed, is this at the exchange? Thank you. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ukoklau,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with Caller ID currently. Are you have any other issues with your landline service, such as making or receiving calls?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

sorry to take so long. No other problem with phone which I have had for a very long time. I have tried to get an answer for quite awhile, all that I can find is that it is a change of broadband port required. this is from someone at BT. I have requested a more uptodate hub and am wondering whether this would sort it. Have an engineer booked for Weds and hopefully between us it can be resolved. I am one of the older generation and find it very comforting in this day of scams to know who is calling, many thanks.

Hi @Ukoklau,

No problem at all, thank you for getting back to me. If it was down to needing to a broadband port then it would impact all of your landline services and not just the Caller ID function, so that's unlikely to be the cause from what you've explained.

I'm sure that the engineer visiting on Wednesday will be able to investigate and resolve this during their appointment. Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, thought an update would be useful, brilliant engineer Lee called. He had not heard of this problem, advised me to check with another landline to rule out the home telephone. This I did will the same results no caller ID, he left his mobile number with me to confirm. He contacted me and confirmed someone close by had the same problem so it was a network fault. He again phoned to say the fault had been rectified and upon checking I found that it had.   A great result and first class service. Thank you Virgin.

Hello Ukoklau

Thanks for your feedback 

We have passed this onto to the Leigh and his Manager so he can get the rewards he deserves 

Gareth_L