Menu
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID showing no number when my family phone up so BT call guardian are blocking

Every time friends or family try to call they get a BT guardian voice saying that I have blocked them. I rang from my mobile and got the same. The call display is saying no number instead of there name. I’ve had to turn call guardian off so they can call me, now it just says incoming call. I like call guardian as it’s blocks all the annoying calls. How do I get caller ID to work again. Thanks for any help Paul

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID showing no number when my family phone up so BT call guardian are blocking

Sounds like you have a caller ID fault on the line. Have you tried a different phone to double-check and confirm that it also shows no caller ID?

The forum team will respond to this (which can take up to a week) and should be able to investigate for you.

Best to stick to only one topic with your query. Multiple posts on the same issue are confusing and make it less likely you will get a prompt and useful reply.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID showing no number when my family phone up so BT call guardian are blocking

Thanks for the post Clickster42.

Were you able to try an alternative handset? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi unfortunately I don’t have another handset to try, sorry.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that, so our features don't work along side call guardian if it's this at fault you may need to contact the handset make.

We can however, check on features on the line if this is the issue. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you could check the line that would be great, I have logged in on my media and tried to scan for problems but every time it says the phone is engaged but no one is on the phone. I currently have call guardian turned off so I can at least receive incoming calls but it doesn’t show up who is calling me, just says incoming call.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, I'll pop you over a private message to pass security and check things. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
grommachine
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same Issues,

Recently a Virgin Media service engineer sorted an issue with my phone line at the street box since then No caller id, and hence BT call guardian does not work.  can you please check that Caller ID is activated working on my phone Line

Cheers

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi grommachine,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having similar issues with your caller display feature. 

We were able to locate your account and found that the feature wasn't active, however we have now reactivated it for you. Please do let us know if you have any further problems from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos