Menu
Ian_Nunthorpe
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID problem with BT Decor 2200 corded phone

My BT Decor 2200 corded phone suddenly stopped showing Caller ID after it had worked perfectly since I bought it in March

It happened around 29 July. I can pinpoint this date because my other phones (Panasonic cordless) on the same phone line are still showing Caller ID.  

I returned the Decor 2200 to Amazon, who replaced it with a new phone, but the brand new BT Decor 2200 corded phone is not showing Caller ID.

Has there been a change to the phone network signal? Do I need an engineer to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID problem with BT Decor 2200 corded phone

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe,

Thanks for posting, and sorry for the late reply, 

It sounds like your handset is no longer compatible with this feature. 

As this feature works from the cabinet, it isn't an issue there as you've confirmed it works on your other handset. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
goslow
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ian_Nunthorpe wrote:

Has there been a change to the phone network signal? Do I need an engineer to solve this problem?

To the OP, where are your Panasonic and BT Decor 2200 plugged in around the home respectively (extension sockets or main/master socket)?

If the BT phone is on an extension socket it might be worth trying it in the main/master socket and at the same time making sure it is the only phone plugged in anywhere in the house, then re-test and see if you get caller ID.

0 Kudos
Ian_Nunthorpe
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In the absence of any solution to this problem from the Forum, I have concluded that both Decor 2200 phones were faulty.

Accordingly, I have now returned the new Decor 2200 phone to Amazon (at Dunfermline) as being faulty. Unlike with the first Decor 2200 phone, I have requested a refund rather than a replacement.

With two faulty Decor 2200 phones from the same supplier (one in March and one in August), this suggests that there may be a batch of faulty phones.

For information, the details of the new phone were:

BT Decor 2200 v 2

Item Code: 061127

Serial No: 2023049947

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Ian_Nunthorpe, thanks for the message and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the caller ID, Does it show with a different handset? We will be able to check this for you to see if it is active on the switch ^Chris

0 Kudos
Ian_Nunthorpe
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

This problem has been solved. Caller ID was fine, the problem was with the BT Decor 2200 phones which were faulty.

Caller ID is working well with another phone on the same line and with a replacement phone (NOT  a BT Decor 2200 !).

0 Kudos