cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID or list of callers not working

bjc47
Joining in

Caller ID and caller list not working for several months. New set of cordless phones don't work either. Long phone call to VM sent me round the houses. Promised a result and email in a couple of days but it's been over a week now!

12 REPLIES 12

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bjc47

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the caller ID on your service. Are you able to confirm if the issue began when the handsets were changed? 

If not, did you experience any package changes at the time the service stopped working?

Please let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Nat

No, my package was marginally upgraded last year but not effecting the home phone.

The caller ID and incoming caller list stopped after 22nd March. I thought it might be the cordless phones we had as there were other issues. However I bought a new set of Gigaset phones and they don't have either facility either. I have phoned VM twice and been passed from pillar to post, ending with an obvious English voice of an engineer who said he would look into the issue over a week ago  and get back to me in a couple of days. No one did. Yesterday I was passed through two agents. The second said he had switch the facility off and on and it should work within a few minutes and at most 24 hours. IT DIDN'T. 

I have since submitted a complaint online but am not confident. 

I also tried *234# which was recommended by one website. I got a message saying the caller ID was on, but it wasn't!

Hi Bjc47, thank you for coming back to us with some additional information. 

Sincerest apologies for your experience whilst trying to get this missing Caller ID issue resolved!

Would you also be able to confirm the make and model of handsets you are currently using, and having the issue with?

Following this we need to identify if the issue is with the handset, provisioning of your account, or at the exchange. 

In terms of provisioning - as turning the feature off and back on virtually does not seem to have resolved the problem it may be the case you need a technician to investigate further. As soon as we have confirmation of the make/model handset you are having the issue with, we will be able to offer further support. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation! 

All the best. 

Molly

I have Gigaset cordless 190, replacing Panasonic set of cordless

The latter stopped working around 22 March; new ones didn't show caller I'D or Caller List.

Hi bjc47. thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to get some further details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @bjc47

Thanks for your message. I've had my colleague remove and re-add it.

Could you check for me and let me know if it's sorted?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Nothing resolved - still no caller id or Caller listing

Berwick Curtis 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bjc47. 

Thanks for your reply.

I have flagged @John_GS to make him aware you have replied. 

If you can also reply to him via the Private Message he as sent, that would be great.

Gareth_L

Sorry but I am very new to this set up and had no idea what PM meant or how to use it.

Berwick Curtis