Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID on landline showing unavailable

Caller ID on our landline has not been showing when phone rings for the past few days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID on landline showing unavailable

Spent an hour just now listening to music without getting through to anybody.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderuk,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having caller ID issues. Are you getting errors or messages for the Caller ID, our help page may be able to help with this, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-features-not-working

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Tried the above link and saying no issues with landline after running the test.

Just comes up with incoming call on the landline phone screen, whereas previously the callers name would be displayed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, aderuk

I've got a tech visit booked for you on 28/10/20,  8-12PM. You can view or reschedule this from your online account with this link.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I take it there will not be a charge ?.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderuk,

No there would not be a charge, it's a faults call. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I found out today that there is something different about the Caller ID code sent by Virgin compaired with other phone providers.

The reason I know this is because, I recently purchased a trueCall call blocker which obviously needs to interpret the Caller ID, but it wasn't able to do so. I contacted the manufacturers who asked me who was my telephone supplier. When I told them it was Virgin, they were not surprised and said that the Virgin Caller ID signal was subtly different and they sent some sort of mod to the trueCall box which enabled it to read the Virgin Caller ID code.

I am only posting this to try to help to explain why you might be experiencing problems with Vitgin's the Caller ID.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Update.

Engineer turned up today at 2pm, nice guy but he found out that the caller display for some reason is not active on my account. He said he had just been to a property with the same issue. He used my landline to get me through to customer services ,spoke with them to explain the issue and passed the phone back to me and left for his next job. The customer service then put me through to the tech team and after some 40 mins i got cut off, I then called customer services again and was put through to the tech team,finally after 1hr 10mins of the same music playing my call was answered. The tech guy went through turning off router etc etc then said I need to hang up so he could run more tests and would call back 5 mins later.You guessed it some 45 mins later I have had no call back and the caller display is still not working. I have now spent over 5 hours on the phone (4.5 hrs listening to music) the past 2 days and only spoken to 1 tech person in that time. I have seen a post on here that a mod managed to sort it out for someone. Is there any way of sorting this issue as I cant waste anymore time on the phone. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderuk, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the service, we would need to check if this is active on the account for you. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos