cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID on home phone not working

Birdy2
Joining in

Landline plugged directly into wall.  Called ID stopped working about four days ago.  Says ‘no caller id’ on incoming call.  And doesn’t show missed calls, If I 1471 it does know what the last number was that rang. Please can it be reinstated.

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Birdy2, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Caller Display not functioning on your handset.

Can you please confirm if you're handset is plugged in the master socket, or if this is plugged into an extension socket?

If you can also please confirm if you have any other pieces of equipment attached to the phone line, that would be great.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi yes it is plugged into the master socket  and it is the only thing plugged into the socket.  I have unplugged and plugged it back into the socket too.

Thanks @Birdy2, can you please confirm if you've possibly been able to try an alternative handset to see if Caller Display works on that?

How old is the handset you're using approximately? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes I have tried another handset and it says the same thing, it’s not the handset

thanks Birdy

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Birdy2. 

Can you please confirm if you have recently made any changes to your package with us?

Nat

Hi, I haven’t made any changes, but I don’t know if Virgin emailed me to say that I was on an old package and they had changed the name of it, I think".....

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to me Birdy2. 

I would be happy to take a look at the account from our side to check for any changes. 

To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to grab some details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat