cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working

Marsha01
Tuning in

Since an engineer visited about 3/4 weeks ago to fix a problem where I could not make or receive phone calls, my caller ID has not been working - simply displays No Number. Any advice on how to fix this without another engineer having to call tomorrow would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marsha01,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that your currently experiencing issues with your caller ID since we have come to resolve a telephone fault, we can certainly understand the frustration this is causing. 

Upon checking your account this morning, we have seen that you have already contacted the team and have another engineer booked due to another landline issue.

Unfortunately, due to this we will be unbale to carry out any further checks until this appointment has taken place.

Please can we ask you to keep us posted with how the visit goes and if the engineer rectified the issue with your caller ID.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marsha01,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that your currently experiencing issues with your caller ID since we have come to resolve a telephone fault, we can certainly understand the frustration this is causing. 

Upon checking your account this morning, we have seen that you have already contacted the team and have another engineer booked due to another landline issue.

Unfortunately, due to this we will be unbale to carry out any further checks until this appointment has taken place.

Please can we ask you to keep us posted with how the visit goes and if the engineer rectified the issue with your caller ID.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for your message Jodi.  I don't know why an engineer has to visit tomorrow to fix this issue when it seems that it can be sorted remotely by yourselves. Should I cancel the appointment for tomorrow? - don't want to be billed unnecessarily. So disappointed with the service I have been getting recently from Virgin Media.

Apologies for the confusion Marsha01,

We have an engineer booked as it is showing as you have no dial tone again.Who booked the engineer? Did you do this online, or did you speak to our team?

If your line is fine, we can get this cancelled and get the caller ID provisioned from our end, no technician will need to attend for this.

Please can you confirm that you have a dialing tone?

Kind regards Jodi.

My line is fine Jodi. I do have a dealing tone. I tried to get help on the 150 service but it booked the appointment presumably because the previous issue with the phone line was still showing.  I would be very grateful if you would cancel this and sort the caller ID issue for me please.

We certainly can Marsha01,

So, I can have access to your account, I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks to Ashleigh and Jodi the problem I had yesterday with my caller ID not working has been fixed.

Glad to hear this @Marsha01 🙂

Please continue to monitor this and do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs