Menu
phil33l
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID not working

Hi,

Caller ID has stopped working on my home phone, I have tried removing and replacing the batteries and unplugging the phone line and power to the phone which has not made any difference,

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
phil33l
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID not working

Does anybody have any ideas or solutions,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi phil33l,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear the caller display isn't working. Just running an account diagnostic now to help sort this. Can I ask, is the phone set to tone or pulse? Below are tips to help with this;

• Check on the back or underneath the phone for a switch that says T or P, it will need to be on T. This could sometimes be on the side of the phone and they vary depending on the make.
  • If it is a cordless phone the please go through the menu setting on the handset's display, look for settings, tones, key tones and set to tone dialling.
  • If you still can't get the tone to work, please consult the phone manual or speak with the manufacturer/shop it was bought from.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
phil33l
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John GS,

Thanks for replying,the phone is set to key tones.

What was the  result when you ran the account diagnostic,

Kind regards

phil33l

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi phil33l, picking up on this today - it indicated to me that we may need to make further changes which will require completing a security check. So I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Tom

phil33l
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom , caller Id is now working ,
Thanks for your help,
Phil33l
0 Kudos