forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Biggles9
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID not working

I have been with Virgin Media for several years and due to price increases decided in January 2020 to change to Sky. This was a disaster due to problems mainly with BT Open Reach and the porting of my number, so I decide to return to Virgin Media. Broadband and TV were fine but the telephone would not work until a VM engineer came. It then worked for about a week (with no caller ID). Then the phone line packed up altogether and after various VM engineers had been out it was discovered that BT had for some reason managed to grab line/number back. This had to be escalated to manager level and was sorted out eventually. The problem is that I still have no caller ID despite ringing VM several times and being told that it had been reset and that it should be working.

HELP please

0 Kudos
Kris_KratosVM
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID not working

Hi there

Is your phone plug in to the master socket.

If it is & you still don't have caller id you would need a visit from a tech

There could be a fault on your line I.e. not enough voltage going through the line to make caller display ti work.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Biggles9
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is  plugged into the master socket.

0 Kudos
Biggles9
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is worth noting that we have always caller ID working up until the start of the problems in January when we tried to change.

0 Kudos
Biggles9
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to a VM call centre again. They said they would set up Caller ID as it was not set up even though I had been told twice previously that it was only to discover that by mistake instead of Caller ID they had set up Call Barring! Unfortunately it then turns out since the call centres in India have had to close down due to Coronavirus that the work is being done from the UK and they  are not up to speed with sorting out and changing features. An VM engineer has been in contact and even he has been unable to get things sorted. So as Call Barring is chargeable I presume I am getting charged for that as well as not being able to use the hone for outgoing calls.

0 Kudos