cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped

Wakeel_Dick
Joining in

My "Truecall Call Blocker" has worked perfectly well for a number of years but has suddenly started flagging that Caller ID no longer works.  This is preventing starred callers direct access through the TrueCall facility.  I note a number of other users have had similar issues which only seems to be fixed once an engineer becomes involved?

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wakeel_Dick 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Caller ID and Truecall Call blocker. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. When did this issue first occur on your landline? Have you checked on your device to see if caller ID is enabled? Have you tried checking your service to see if the feature is active as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/landline/calling-features 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Akua_A  
Its difficult to know exactly when this first started but my wife and I have noticed it in the last week or so when trying to call the house.  We thought it was the "TrueCall" device but they have assured us that it appears to be Caller ID no longer working on our Landline....  As I previously stated, it worked perfectly well for a number of years until recently.
So, issue has occurred in the last couple of weeks.
Yes the device has been checked by the manufacturer and is working fine.
And yes, Caller ID should be a standard service on landlines from Virgin.
As a number of other Users on this forum have experienced this issue and had it resolved by Engineers, what is it they do and how can I get them to do it for me?

Thank you for your fast response @Wakeel_Dick 

To best look into this issue, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks.

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you @Wakeel_Dick The relevant team tried its best to resolve this remotely however it was not successful. In this case, please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team