cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped working

paulguk1
On our wavelength

I have suddenly lost the caller ID feature on my landline and the 1471 feature.

A couple of weeks I lost my landline for a few days because a fuse had blown in the street box and after reconnecting I also negotiated a new 18 month contract. It has stopped working at some point over that period so my guess is that it is related to one of these events barring coincidences.

Nothing has changed with my home phone and I have tested it by calling my landline from my mobile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great to hear that this is all working and resolved for you now @paulguk1 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paulguk1 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your caller display is not working at this time. 

You mention you negotiated a new contract, can you confirm if this is contract is live now or does it start at a later date? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

paulguk1
On our wavelength

It starts at a later date.

Thank you for confirming this @paulguk1 

I will raise this with the team to see if we can restore caller display for you whilst you have a change of service order still pending to start. They should get back to me in a few days to see if this is possible. I'll come back directly here with what they advise and we'll look to resolve from there. 

We appreciate your patience, whilst we work to investigate and resolve this for you.  

Here to help 🙂
Carley

paulguk1
On our wavelength

Thanks for that. Why would it stop working just because I’ve changed my contract though. I didn’t make any changes to the landline call plan I only changed my BB speed.

It might have come off accidentally in the outage you experienced rather than the contract/package change. Caller display and the free voicemail service come as standard on our landlines and so aren't added/removed in the way agents usual change packages as such. It's just that, as there is a package change pending on the account, I would need further support not only to see if caller display has come off the service, but also to see if it can be added whilst there is a pending order. I don't see why not, but I would still need the team to investigate your caller display service at there end anyway to find out what is needed to get this resolved for you. I can assure you, I'll come back to you directly here with the next steps when the team have responded and look to get this resolved as soon as possible for you 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

paulguk1
On our wavelength

Many thanks for this and I appreciate the quick response.

Happy to help @paulguk1 

Have a lovely rest of your day and we'll be back here with an update for you within a few days. 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi @paulguk1 

Hope you had a nice weekend. 

The team have advised that Caller Display should be working for you now. Please let me know if you have any further concerns or issues, we'll investigate further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

paulguk1
On our wavelength

It is working now thanks. The 1471 feature doesn’t though but I can live without that unless it’s easy to resolve.