Sorry to hear you've had an issue with your Call-Blocking devices. I'm not aware of any changes that would cause this problem - possibly someone in the community may know better than me?
However I'd be happy to take a look, run some checks and see if we can identify any issues with your phone line, please get back to me via PM so we can confirm a few details & I'll be able to assist further.
My CPR 107 Call Blocker has been working fine since we bought it in 2014. It significantly reduced the number of spam calls we were getting , mainly 'Out of Area' calls.
However it suddenly stopped working and after getting in touch with CPR tech support they suggested purchasing an updated unit V5000 which we did. This has the same problem
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
If you are reading caller ID on the phone OK, then it is present but not being read by the call blocker. Might be an issue to do with the type of caller ID being received or the quality of the caller ID data/signal being received.
Are you connecting the equipment to a wall socket or do you get you VM landline via the back of the hub?
How many devices do you have connected to the landline?
I had a similar issue with my trueCall unit when I tried to connect both it and the cordless phone to an extension socket. The phone worked OK but the trueCall didn't read caller ID reliably.
When I plugged both trueCall and cordless phone into the master socket, it all worked reliably since. In my case it was something along the lines that the caller ID was being corrupted on the longer internal extension cabling. The phone could read it OK but the trueCall struggled to do so.
I think @Tom_F in message #2 was offering further help from VM if you PM him so would suggest you try that first.
I can't think why the CPR blocker would have stopped working suddenly but the phone CID continues to work unless VM have changed something in relation to your connection or the caller ID has changed in some way.
There have been a few cases on the forum with the trueCall devices where the unit has failed to read caller ID or failed to recognise incoming ringing on a VM connection. These seem to have been due to differences in how the signal for ringing and caller ID can be presented on different VM connections
For some of those cases, trueCall have been able to remotely access the trueCall unit and change the configuration of the device to match the caller ID. I was wondering if CPR had something similar they could offer to check for you.
Would suggest you get back to VM first and see what they can advise about caller ID on your line.