cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID Stopped Working

zerodbs
Up to speed

Caller ID stopped working about a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has been changed here as far as I'm aware. I have checked phone settings and connections. Could you look into it please? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zerodbs,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that your Caller ID has stopped working! 

I was able to locate your account run some quick tests. I can see that your Caller ID is still showing as active.

In order to run another test, I would need you to complete the following:

When you pick up your landline handset, please press the number 5. If the tone while pressing that button is a definite beep, we'll know that your landline is set to Tone.

However, if you press 5 and hear half a beep, or a series of clicks or sounds, this would mean your landline is set to Pulse.

In order to look into this further, I will need you to complete this test and get back to me please.

I'll be able to run further tests once we know what setting your landline is set to.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your quick reply. A tone is heard when pressing 5, consistent with DTMF dialling and not Pulse.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for testing that @zerodbs,

I'd like to get this look into for you - I'll send you a private message to confirm a couple of details so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zerodbs,

Thanks for chatting with me via private message. I'm glad to hear the Caller ID is now working for you following us re-setting the feature.

Please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums if there's anything we can assist with in the future.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide