Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID Stopped Working After Power Surge

Hi,

Caller ID stopped working after a power surge last week.

Tried another handset still the same.  Spent hours on the phone on Sunday and was advised that it was my phone at fault and to factory reset it.

Done that and still not working - Tried a new phone and still the same.

It works when I am on the phone so I can see the ID of the incoming caller and it registers as a missed call. 

When not on the phone, it just saying incoming call.

Please help - It must be a setting your end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID Stopped Working After Power Surge

Hi MatronJune, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the Caller ID since the power cut. 

I have checked from our side and can see everything is set up correctly.

From reading your post, I see you have tried another handset, was this from the same make and model? Possibly from a multiphone set?

If you let me know the make and model, I will do what I can to assist. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

I tried a completely different phone from another house and it was the same.  The caller ID works in the other house but not when the phone was plugged into my phone line.  

I then completely reset my home phone as advised on Sunday and that made no difference.  All settings on the phone are correct as I have checked.  

It can't be the phone as it works when a call comes through when I'm on the phone.  It just doesn't work when a call comes through when the phone is not in use.  

June

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Matronjune. 

I am going to need to take a look and possible make changes on the account so I will just need to verify some details via a private message. 

I will pop this over to you now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
0 Kudos