cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display

peter1706
Tuning in

An engineer came to investigate a noisy landline which he was unable to resolve and after his call the Caller Display feature disappeared from my home phone.  Despite several calls to Virgin's helpline and assurances that Caller ID would be restored it was still not back a week later when another engineer came to investigate the noisy line.  He said my phone line could not be repaired and suggested replacing my WiFi router with a new model to which you could connect your home phone.  This was done and connecting my phone directly to the router did indeed solve the noisy line issue.  However the engineer was unable to resolve the issue of the missing Caller ID.  Since then I have spoken to various people in Virgin but nobody has been able to explain why I lost Caller Display and why it has been impossible to restore it.  Does anyone know if changing to a phone line the connects directly to this new router means that you cannot get Caller ID on your home phone?

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @peter1706,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with the phone line not showing the Caller Display feature. I've taken a look on our end, and can see you have a ticket open with the team for this. 

I'm going to pop you a PM to gather some more information so I can assist you further. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top-right of our forums.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @peter1706,

Thanks for keeping me updated via PMs, I'm glad to hear that we were able to get things sorted for you. If you need any further assistance, please just let us know.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ