cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display stopped working

Azrael73
On our wavelength

We've had Caller Display for years and it stopped working around 19 July, now just showing 'Incoming Call'.  Phoned 150 to resolve and the agent said he'd reset it and it should start working again (although I had little faith as he didn't know what Caller ID/Display was and had to refer to a supervisor).

This didn't fix it so I thought it might be the handsets I have at home, so forked out £80 for a new set. When I plugged these in, still the same problem, so clearly the line, not the equipment.

Phoned up again today and they reset again but still not getting the Caller Display, it's still showing just Incoming Call.

I'm plugged into the wall, not a Hub.  Can anyone help as this is a function we use a lot to bar scam call numbers.

20 REPLIES 20

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Azrael73,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Caller ID feature on your landline! 

Thank you for letting us know what checks you've already done to ensure that this is not your equipment that it is not causing the issue. Have you taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help?

I have checked our system and all looks fine on our end. Please check your connections and let us know if this issue persists. If it does, we'll be happy to investigate this further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

The problem has persisted for month now and all other functionality is fine; however, there was recently an outage in our area for 3 days so I'm aware that there are problems on the line, even though this is not being reflected in the service status, which has consistently shown Green even though when I call 150 the outage is known.

I'm happy to change to a hub connection if you feel this will help.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Azrael73,

Thank you for coming back to me. Have you been contacted by our team about the Home Phone Switchover in your area yet? We are making our way through the local areas to ensure that all customers are moved over to this new system. You will receive an email or a letter about when this is happening in your area if you haven't already.

I cannot see an active outage in your local area at the moment. I'll be happy to look into this call feature fault further for you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I recently moved to CV21 / Digital  due to ongoing issues including loss of Call Display and after 36 hours on CV21 still not there… so beware on expectations!

Azrael73
On our wavelength

Yeah, well if it's a service I'm supposed to be receiving and Virgin aren't delivering on their side of the contract, we'll have to see whether I can just come out of the contract, same as if I'm not getting the download speeds promised...

Hey @forshawj, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with caller display.
I will look in to this and see if it can be rectified.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in for a private chat.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Azrael73, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with caller display.
I will look in to this and see if it can be rectified.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in for a private chat.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Azrael73
On our wavelength

Hi,

It's already being looked at thanks, I'm just thinking about if it doesn't get resolved given the above comments and whether this would mean that Virgin would need to let me out of the contract as they are not able to provide me with the service that they agreed to provide.  Similar to the ability to exit the contract due to low broadband speeds.

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

Not to worry, and if I'm correct, caller display is a feature and not a part of the actual contract so from my knowledge it wouldn't be an exit clause if it is not working. However you can exit the contract if you wish, just bear in mind of EDF charges, to which more information can be found here.

If the broadband speed is below the minimum guarantee that we promise, once reported, it we do an OFCOM slow speeds case, if it is still below the minimum then, then yes you can leave the contract without any charges.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team