Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller Display stopped working

I had a fault on my landline which was repaired by a VM engineer on 4th January. Since then, caller display has not worked. I have tried phoning VM fault line but I am told there is no fault! I tried again and was told caller display is not provided anymore but my home package clearly states it is. I really miss this feature and want it reinstated please. I have a fairly new phone and have not made any changes to it or the phone socket. Can anyone help me with this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller Display stopped working

I have had the same problem for a couple of months and for the first two calls they sent an engineer to fix the problem and today the same problem has occurred and I have spent two hours on the phone been passed around departments to eventually get the "Upline" department who did some tests and insisted that the Caller display was fine so I have insisted that an engineer comes out and he should be with me tomorrow. I have every confidence that he will fix it as he only has to reset a relay or something in the main box down the road as they have done on the last two occasions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah, thank you JQ2. That's very reassuring. I will phone VM (again!) and insist an engineer visits. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

UPDATED REPLY: Woohoo! JQ2 you are a superstar! Just got off the phone from VM. I had to be almost rude to get to the "upline" department, initially I was this told that I must of inadvertently pressed something on my handset to switch the caller display service off - duh. After much huffing and puffing from me I was put through to "upline" and a very helpful operator did some line tests and told me that caller display was "not reflecting" - Yippee says I, fault found! The operator clicked around for a minute and told me he'd sorted it.  I've just telephoned my landline from my mobile and CALLER DISPLAY IS AGAIN WORKING. Hurrah for the upline department 🙂