Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller Display disappeared

The Caller Display facility on my home phone, which has been working faultlessly for four years, has suddenly disappeared to be replaced by a useless 'Incoming call' message.  1471 has been withdrawn also.  This follows an engineer fixing my phone line which had stopped working.  The engineer told me that the Caller Display had been withdrawn from my account in March 2019, even though it was working up until a few days ago.  Unfortunately he could not reinstate for me.  I spoke to Technical Support - a very helpful gentleman did his best but said that it looked as if the facility had been withdrawn by Virgin Media as there was no longer a code for it.  This does not accord with the Virgin Media website, which advertises it as available free of charge with all Virgin Home Phone packages.  Fortunately I am out of contract so will be cancelling Virgin and moving to another provider unless someone from Virgin reads this and reinstates Caller Display for me.  I rely on it to protect me  from nuisance calls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller Display disappeared

Good morning @Emeryt

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I have taken a look into this for you, I can confirm that you have been given some incorrect information there,  please could you check and confirm the caller display is now working again? We also noticed that 1471 wasn't active, so I also re-instated this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Zak,

Yes, both caller display and 1471 are now working fine, thanks. 

Thank-you very much for your prompt remedial action which is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Emeryt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @Emeryt

Really glad to hear that. If we are able to assist you going forward then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M