cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call useage

bonnyddawson64
Joining in

2nd month running i have been charged call useage on home phone. I dont have a home phone !! Reported last month. Engineer checked box on street and couldn't see a problem. They did confirm line dead when checked.  Do I have to call every month to go through the whole process again to get a refund ...wasting God knows how long trying to get through to them !!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don't use your phone easiest way to stop this happening is to migrate your service to voip so there is no chance of a crossed line

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bonnyddawson64 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're receiving incorrect telephone charges on your monthly bill.  I would like to take a closer look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@bonnyddawson64 wrote:

2nd month running i have been charged call useage on home phone. I dont have a home phone !! Reported last month. Engineer checked box on street and couldn't see a problem. They did confirm line dead when checked.  Do I have to call every month to go through the whole process again to get a refund ...wasting God knows how long trying to get through to them !!!!!!

Some further comments in the link below on the matter of 'phantom call' charges from another similar topic this week which may help in showing the call charges are not yours. The problem is mentioned quite regularly on the forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Charged-for-unmade-calls/m-p/484119...

Worth noting that in about half the complaints which crop up on this subject, the customer does not have a phone plugged in. IMHO, if you have a VM phone line, you should have a phone connected and occasionally check the line is working correctly to reduce the possibility of it being misused in some way. Switch off the phone's ringer to avoid being disturbed by unwanted calls when the phone is connected.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bonnyddawson64

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R