Menu
johnd2b
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Call from Fake Virgin Media - say Internet will be cut off -

over the last 48hr i have had to calls for Asian Accent male and female saying my Internet has been accessed by other and will be cut off 

form 01159780752  on 12/01/21

and 01258869992 today 13/01/21 

as ex installation manager for VM/NTL i know this is a scam as it hardware based Internet service , but how many have the scammed .. 

also as my number is TPS registered the only way they can have my details would be form a GDPR breach which if that that case there is a MAJOR issue -- i have raised a complaint to the CEO department to look at this and get me some answers 

just scary what these guys will do to try and con ya out off money 

if they call again I'm going to have some fun with them and play dumb 🙂 lol but not happy with the possible  breach of Data 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from Fake Virgin Media - say Internet will be cut off -

The most likely explanation for your scam calls is that your number has ended up as one of many on the lists of an automated dialler.

Stringing the scammers along can provide some fun but is likely to be counterproductive for you in the long term. Once the scammers have made contact with you and engaged in any kind of conversation, your number will probably be tagged as active and subject to further attention/calls.

Best to hang up on them immediately IMHO.

0 Kudos