cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call divert

ntldude
Joining in

Hi All, I’ve just set up call divert on my home telephone line. Can anyone tell me the code I need to put in for divert on no reply. Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ntldude
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Are calls made to your landline at the moment being instantly diverted to the specified number? I can see that you have spoken to the team about this also, what advice have you been given by the team, so far?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for reply. I can set it up to divert calls without the landline ringing. That works ok, but it’s not what I want. I want the landline to ring a few times, if the phone is not answered after a few rings I want it to divert.

Thanks for coming back to us @ntldude, that is what should happen with the call divert feature. I'm trying to think of reasons, why this wouldn't be working. Do you still have voicemail attached to your line?

Regards,

Steven_L

Never knowingly had voice mail. Just rang landline from mobile and let it ring. No voice mail came on.

So both voicemail and the divert didn't kick in for you or had you turned the divert off?

Regards,

Steven_L

Never wanted voice mail so never turned it on or off. Did turn on call divert so it diverted to mobile. So I know divert is set up. But have turned it off now. So know call divert is working. I want it to divert on no answer.

Thanks for coming back to us @ntldude, I will need to raise this issue with our second line team but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Off the subject of call divert. Just spent another 45 minutes on the phone to VM to chase up after my last call to them on Thursday. Besides having a ticket number which was of no interest to them (why give it to me in the first place if they are not going to use it.)  Went through what I wanted and still not being told if I can have it or not. I told them I wanted to cancel. I was told I was in contract and would have to pay £288. I told them I couldn’t put call divert on till the line was set up a few days. Then called them up to put call divert on. Then I have been ringing them up ever since. Always been happy with the service I’ve received, not always happy with there rising prices to existing customers. I’ve been with them since NTL days. I had to leave because they don’t give there long time customers the same price they give to new customers.  Even though I’ve lost my landline number I’ve had for 22 years and will soon be losing my email address I’ve had for longer.I’m so p- - - ed off now I might just pay them. 

Thanks for coming back to us @ntldude

What happened with your landline number, how has it been lost? Was this a recent thing?

Regarding your email address,  when you leave our services your email will be closed 90 days after you leave as the email belongs to Virgin Media, This is stated in the terms and conditions of all contracts with us , you can find this on the link here on section D point 6 on page 5.

Regards,

Steven_L