cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call barring not working after digital switch-over

khismet
On our wavelength

I've had call barring on my line for many years - going back to the Videotron days. I've just had my digital switch over and tried to use call barring to be told "the feature is not available on this connection" (approximately). I've tried and failed to get through to Virgin support on the phone, as usual - any ideas how to resolve this?

11 REPLIES 11

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi khismet,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment,I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details khismet, I have passed the issues onto our second line telephony faults team, who will be getting in touch directly with yourself in the next 24 to 48 hours and address both of the issues that you stated in your private message.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

khismet
On our wavelength

Thanks for getting involved Steven, but 3 days later and I've still heard absolutely nothing

khismet
On our wavelength

I've now spoken to someone who has managed to provide me with the PIN for the outgoing barring.

However, I'm astounded to be told by him that incoming barring doesn't exist and never has done during his 18 years of support! This despite the fact that I've been using it all the way back to Videotron days , and as recently as this month, immediately before the digital switchover.

Hi Khismet 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us on here, please can you reach out to my colleague and they will be able to update you and further assist you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

khismet
On our wavelength

Which colleague?

Thanks for coming back to us khismet, did the agent advise that this isn't possible at all?

Kind Regards

Steven_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What call barring features did you previously have available for incoming calls?

How did you activate and configure such a feature?

The only incoming option I have been aware of on a VM landline has been anonymous call rejection (ACR) to prevent 'withheld' numbers from calling. VM has to activate this feature rather than the customer.

khismet
On our wavelength

Incoming barring on *261# has worked on my landline with BT here, and then since I went over to Virgin 20+ years ago. I'm 90% sure it worked on Videotron at my previous address as well. Since the digital switchover, it's "feature not available"