Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Call Logs from Home Phone

Is there any way of receiving a call log of numbers dialled from a Virgin Home Phone?  I know BT provide a call list with their bills of all numbers dialled.  Do Virgin provide the same?

I wanted to see if a call received from a 0846 number has through dialled from my phone, when 1 was accidentally pressed.

Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call Logs from Home Phone

Hello

Virginmedia only list chargeable calls on the bills if you log into your accoount at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-bills/index you can view current bill and also previous bills, if you look under your phone number  it will list the calls if it is on a previous bill you can still see them there as well.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like it may have been a scam call.

0846 numbers are not in use yet in the UK, so the number is fake.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rew570,

Thanks for using the forums to get this question answered about your landline call log. 

You can see this information in your online account here - Online Account - look under your bills and any chargeable calls will show here. 

If you have any trouble seeing this information please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.  How do I proceed with this?

It was taken to be from the BT text messaging service, and was only on the line after 1 pressed for 30 seconds before realising and then disconnected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan,

Is there a fraud team I can contact in relation to this?

The call was about an hour ago, therefore won't show on my account until tomorrow; if I have been charged via through dialling.

Kind regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew, 

There is no direct number for the fraud team, but I can file a fraud form so they can investigate and contact you if needed, I'll send you a PM now so that I can gather some further info off you 🙂 

Speak soon. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After checking the number again via 1471, the number listed was 08456021111, and not as 0846 as mis heard from my Wife when she read it out to me.  The call was received at 12:13 today.

Thanks again,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for sharing that information, I can see from googling that number that it could have been from BT. Are you one of their former customers? If so, I would give them a call on 0800 800150 just in case they needed to chat to you about anything in regards to your former account. 

If you have not been a former customer of BT then it could be a sales call from them or a scam call. I have your details now so if you are charged an amount for this, I can look into it further for you. The fraud team are currently on lowered hours so it could take a while for them to get back to you, thus, I will be happy to investigate it as a complaint for you. 

Keep an eye on your bill for me and come back if you need further help. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Megan for your help, very kind of you.

Andrew
0 Kudos