Menu
timjking
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Call Divert Docsis

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with my call divert issue.

We've been back with Virgin for a year and using call divert on our Voip phone line since day 1, almost every day.

My contract was expiring on 1st May so I called to arrange a better deal which was all fine. Ever since then though, the call divert function has been unavailable on my line.

It took technical over an hour on and off hold to realise that apparently divert isn't available on a Docsis (IVoip) line?

Has anyone else encountered this issue? It's a deal breaker for us and I will cancel our new renewal if this is true. No one on the renewals or add a feature options knew about this and were happy to 'add' this back to my contract when it stopped working.

I just can't believe that a feature that we were using every day is suddenly no longer an option? I can't find a mention of this anywhere online which makes it even more unbelievable.

Many thanks for your help in advance

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call Divert Docsis

If you've been with VM for over a year then isn't your landline still delivered via copper wires? I'd understand a DOCSIS VoIP line to be delivered via the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
timjking
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger

It is through the hub, only thing that has changed is me renewing my contract

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi timjking, welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting.

I can confirm that the Call Divert feature is available on Docsis. For it to work, it will need to be added onto your account first. Once added you can set it up yourself by using the following instructions:

Divert All your calls immediately
*21* 
Diverted Number (inc. STD code)# 
You'll hear a confirmation tone after this feature has been set

Cancel Call Divert for All calls 
#21#  

Check if Call Divert for All calls is on 
*#21#  
--- --- ----------------------------------------------------
Divert your calls on No Answer (Cannot be used if you have active voicemail)
*61*

Cancel Call Divert on No Answer #61#  

Check if Call Divert for No Answer calls is on *#61#  
--- --- -----------------------------------------------------------
Divert all your calls on Engaged Tone (Cannot be used if you have active voicemail)
*67*

Cancel Call Divert on Engaged Tone #67#  

Check if Call Divert on Engaged Tone is on *#67#  

0 Kudos
timjking
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply

This contradicts what the technical guys told me last night?

I'm on the verge of cancelling my renewal as divert is essential for us, is there someone who can get this activated on my account with urgency?

Thanks,

Tim

##edit## just to add, it was on the account prior to renewal and I have rung up twice to have it re-added which hasn't worked.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Let me send you a Private Message tinjking so I can get some details and look into this for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
timjking
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to update the thread to say thanks to Lisa's help we are back diverting again

Annoyingly the three hour+ long phone calls couldn't work it out but thanks to the forum team for fixing in the end.

0 Kudos
KRN
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Three hours is nothing - over the past few days I have spent 5 and a half hours on the phone to Virgin just trying to sort out call divert (let's not even start on how much grief I had sorting out porting in my numbers from BT).  Anyway I have had all sorts of *** providing me with all sorts of useless information about getting call divert working (eg with Docsis I have to program in one single number which is the only one I will be able to use in the future, I need to call 1571 to get it working, give it 24 hours and it will start working, or the old favourite of just dropping my call when things got too difficult!!).

Upshot is that this thread was how I found out that not a single one of the support staff I had been talking to (including Level 2 tech support) knew that the code for call divert on Docsys was not *70 but was actually *21*.  Having explained that to support, the upshot of the final conversation was that I am indeed right about that, but that divert on busy (*67*) is not available (I linked them to this, and they stated that the information provided by Lisa on here is incorrect).

Anyway, BT are quite happy to port my numbers back again (you get what you pay for I guess, and I have been happily using this functionality with them for the past 15 years), but having spent this long on trying to resolve it I would like to know for sure that divert on busy is definitely not a service I can get before I do that. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon, 

Thank you for taking the time to post, 

I can confirm what Lisa has advised above is correct, we have not stopped providing call divert. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
KRN
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just for completeness for anyone finding this thread: it is not possible to do this on Virgin's new system, only on their old one.  So if this functionality is important to you do NOT accept Virgin's VOIP system.

0 Kudos