cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Charges—CRIKEY

Ronnie52
On our wavelength

Yesterday I spent about an hour on the phone to VM trying to sort out a VM billing querie. 

I thought calls to VM from a VM landline we’re free but it seems 03454 541111 is not, is this correct as my wallet is now almost £11, that’s correct, £10.80 to be exact lighter

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ronnie52 

Welcome back to the community 

Really sorry to hear you had a billing query that you needed to call to discuss. 

Our 01, 02 and 03 numbers are free for the first 60 minutes, but then are unfortunately chargeable at the standard rate depending on you talk package.  

You can find more about our call charges here if needed. 

You can call for free on a Virgin Media landline on 150 or if you have a mobile query, you can call 789 from a Virgin Mobile as well.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ronnie52 wrote:

Yesterday I spent about an hour on the phone to VM trying to sort out a VM billing querie. 

I thought calls to VM from a VM landline we’re free but it seems 03454 541111 is not, is this correct as my wallet is now almost £11, that’s correct, £10.80 to be exact lighter

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask

Calls to VM customer services are free from a VM landline if you dial 150. If you use the 0345 number it is treated as a normal 03 number call, so if the call is not part of your normal package (eg. You call during the week, but your package is Talk Weekends) you will be charged.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Surely the charges to call VM on the 0345 number are unfair considering that VM are forcing all their customers to move onto the hub based phone system which if  broadband is down forces the customer to use the 0345 number. Also you have to take into account that VM customer services often keep you on the line for hours. I think if I have to call VM I will ask them to call me back!

Thanks for your post @NinjaMeerkat.

Customers are also able to call our team via 150 on their Virgin Mobile sim cards, to avoid any unwanted landline charges.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

7 times during the call I was asked to hold on for 3/4 minutes..,,….never again, beginning to think I should have stayed with SKY

Fair enough, although it does imply that non VM mobile customers are required to ’pay’ VM just to report a fault, no?

Maybe something has simply gotten lost in translation. Can’t see that this is a policy that OFCOM would approve of, so obviously I must have misunderstood the arrangement - happy for anyone to correct me!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMUser1812 wrote:

Fair enough, although it does imply that non VM mobile customers are required to ’pay’ VM just to report a fault, no?

Most mobile plans these days include a generous allowance of landline calls, and a very many offer unmetered/unlimited bundles. Any landline allowance includes calls to 01, 02 & 03 prefixes.

So strictly speaking yes, fault reporting from a non-VM phone is chargeable. In practice, it will be inclusive and no additional cost.

When the various legislation was passed many years ago that made 084 & 087 numbers unlawful for customer support purposes, 03x was specifically included as "allowed".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @VMUser1812 👋.

Thanks for reaching out, as @japitts (Cheers dude 👍) has given you some really helpful info about this which has answered your query. If you have any other issues, please come back to us we are always here.

Thanks.

Sabrina

I’ve just been on to them, passed to three different ppl and then cut off by them but they did call me back. Tbf they do say free calls are only for an hour but they cd keep an eye on how long them keeping you on hold is taking and offer to call you back.