Menu
djyeomans
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable pull

I have had persistent problems with my landline since March.  I have had at least 6 engineer visits and the road and pavements outside my home have been excavated on three occasions.  After the last of these on June 22 I was told the problem had been identified and rectified.  I now just needed a cable pull.  This was arranged for 6th July.  On Friday 3rd July I received a text to say that the work would be going ahead as planned. On Monday 6th no-one turned up.  Since then I have been trying to find out what happened and what the plan is going ahead.  I have rung both customer services and Virgin Media Construction on 03330005925 on numerous occasions.  The latter gave me a number 03450450596 to contact the cable pull team directly.  This number gives a message "We cannot take your call because there is an emergency evacuation".  An emergency evacuation which has currently lasted for three days!!!  It appears that neither customer services nor Virgin Media Construction are able to contact the cable team directly either.  I'm told "We are investigating this" when I mention the ludicrous message.  I keep being promised that someone will get back to me but it doesn't happen.

I have been a customer for nearly 30 years going back to Cable & Wireless days.  I spend over £140 per month on Virgin Media services.  I have been a satisfied customer for all these years.  However, this episode has left me extremely frustrated and unhappy.  I am seriously thinking of switching my services to Sky.  I am reluctant to do this because my experience of Virgin Media has been generally good and even now TV and Broadband services are fine.  Please try to sort this out.  I'd like my landline to be fixed but more important than this I'd like to be treated as a long-standing customer and be given prompt and accurate information on what is happening.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable pull

Thanks for getting in touch with us djyeomans, I have looked into your account from your forum profile and can confirm that your repull has been booked in again for 23/07.

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos