cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable phone migration

roba
Tuning in

I have received my home phone hub adaptor & the switchover is due on or around the 3rd May 2022. I have spoken to a customer service advisor to try and arrange an engineer visit, because my hub 3 is upstairs & my telephone/answering machine is downstairs. After the call I was even more confused than when I started, trying to explain to agent that I needed the hub moving downstairs so that I could plug in my telephone on the day of switchover was hard work, there is no information in the letter, email or adaptor package regarding arranging an engineers visit.

If anyone on here has had success in arranging an engineer, what method or route did you use?

Kind regards,

Rob.a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@roba wrote:

I have received my home phone hub adaptor & the switchover is due on or around the 3rd May 2022. <snip>

If anyone on here has had success in arranging an engineer, what method or route did you use?

Kind regards,

Rob.a

If you want to keep hub and phone in the same locations, you should be able to get a free technician visit to link phone extensions to the hub's phone sockets, see

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if:

• You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service
  • Your Hub and phone can’t be placed near each other

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @roba

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

If you was looking to relocate your hub, it would be a £25.00 charge for the tech callout to relocate the Hub.

If you're happy with this I'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@roba wrote:

I have received my home phone hub adaptor & the switchover is due on or around the 3rd May 2022. <snip>

Kind regards,

Rob.a

If you want to keep hub and phone in the same locations, you should be able to get a free technician visit to link phone extensions to the hub's phone sockets, see

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if:

• You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service
  • Your Hub and phone can’t be placed near each other

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your reply,

Why is there a cost? When it's Virgin Media who are bringing about this change, not me. I understand that there are changes being carried out all over the country, away from the old style BT cable - I believe I shouldn't be the one have to bear the cost.

Kind regards,

Roba

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @roba

Thanks for the reply

To relocate a hub it is £25.00 as standard, the main phone could be moved next to the Hub and any others could be ran cordless as an alternative.

I do apologise if this may cause any inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs