cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRACKLING PHONE LINE after new Virgin installation

Annie37
Tuning in

hi,  I had a new broadband installation on 14th February & my phone line was also switched and  my existing number was kept but the phone line has has a terrible loud crackling noise which is constant which makes phone calls  a bit unbearable. The engineer had left by the time we realised how bad it was. What should we do to get this fixed asap.  Disappointing start from Virgin having been with BT before for a long time without this issue. The broadband speed is not near the promised speed either but thats another problem/issue. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Annie37,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over private message.

I've had a look and I can see that you're currently affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) in the area. This will be causing issues with your broadband and phone line. It's estimated to be resolved by 27th February.

Please do let us know how things are after this date and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Kind regards

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Annie37,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your landline phone and broadband connection after your installation last week. We'll be more than happy to help you with this and take a look

I've sent you a private message which you can access over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Annie37,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over private message.

I've had a look and I can see that you're currently affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) in the area. This will be causing issues with your broadband and phone line. It's estimated to be resolved by 27th February.

Please do let us know how things are after this date and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth ,

Thank you very much for your reply/help. Hopefully things will be good after the 27th then. Will let you know!
Kind regards ,

Annie37

Hi Annie37,

No problem at all, we're always more than happy to help from here.

If you need anything else at all, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Beth

Sadly there has been no change in this situation. The noisy phone line is exactly the same way. And the broadband speed is way below what we were expecting it to be & unstable at times. The signal is nowhere near as strong as our old BT signal and doesn't connect to some of the devices we had running in the home that BT had no issue connecting to. Very dissapointing

Hi @Annie37 thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that your crackly phone line issue is still ongoing and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. Also sorry to hear you're having a poor WiFi experience. I would like to have a look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you Lee

I've replied to your private message thanks Lee.. We really need to get this sorted now asap. Also , the signal from the hub is a lot weaker ( when it isnt cutting out altogether) than our old broadband provider, (BT). This is another issue that is very dissapointing and causing problems with the security in the home which depends on decent wifi to function properly. Its the HH 3. Are there better hubs availble from Virgin such as the HH5 that would instantly sort this weak signal? Many thanks

Hi @Annie37 thanks for getting back to me privately. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Do please let us know how the appointment goes. 

Regards

Lee_R