Menu
hughcruk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CLI not working after a repair

Hi there

I recently had a noisy line, but everything was working ok - phones ringing, CLI identifying, making calls.. All except the noisy line. An engineer called, and determined that the fault was a network one, and that a network engineer would call on the following monday. On the monday, the network engineer popped around to say the line was now working ok. Tested locally by me by checking for noise on the line. The noise had gone.

But since then, CLI has stopped working, and one of my old phones no longer rings consistantly - it dings once, sometimes twice. All the other digital phones ring and just show "Incoming call" instead of the number.

On the old phone, you can make and recieve calls as normal. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hugh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: CLI not working after a repair

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I do apologise that you've been having landline issues and that new symptoms have cropped up following the resolution of the initial fault.

It looks like I've been able to identify and resolve the cause of the missing caller display. Could you let me know if this is now working as expected?

Could you also confirm if you've tried swapping the handsets to see if it's just a particular socket or device that's affected?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
hughcruk
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel.

CLI now seems to be working. The phone in question is plugged into the master socket, alongside a radio base station. It is a converted bakelite phone, type 330 I think - certainly it is 1950's. It always used to ring properly, and you could make and receive calls OK. Since the network has been fixed, it only dings once or twice, but you can still make and receive calls.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hugh,

Brilliant, thank you for letting me know that this feature issues is now resolved. At least that's one aspect sorted nice and quickly.

Silly question, have you tried unplugging and reconnecting the handset?

Have you got a splitter installed to provide service to both this phone and the other base? If so, would you be able to remove this and connect just the phone with the issue to see if this changes anything?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
hughcruk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have done this, removing the splitter, and plugging into the master socket directly. Same thing happens. As a by the by, I have been reminded that this happened a couple of years ago as well, and I seem to recall someone adjusting a voltage somewhere. I hope this isn't a red herring, tho...

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for letting me know. It does sound like this could be the case this time round as well. I just wanted to rule out a couple of things first before deciding that this was definitely a ring trip.

As you've already checked and confirmed that these adjustments make no difference, I'd be happy to get an engineer out to you. I'll drop you a private message now to arrange a suitable slot, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for joining me for a private message today. I'm glad we've been able to arrange a suitable time for an engineer visit. Please don't hesitate to reach out on our forums with any future queries or concerns. If you have any further trouble with your landline following your appointment, we'd be happy to take another look.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos