Menu
iwillwin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

CEO or Media complaint

Sent this email to Tom the CEO. still awaiting a reply:

On February 27th 2019 I telephoned Virginmedia to tell them I was leaving as they were too expensive. They then offered me a deal that reduced my monthly bill by £50 a month. They promised that the package would be exactly the same as the one I had previously been on they also said if I had phoned each year (I have been with you 12 years) they would have reduced the package cost. So much for loyalty!

Since then we have been through hell. The original phone package talk 800 was replaced by talk anytime. We phone our daughter in Dubai regularly and apparently the talk anytime package does not include free calls to Dubai as the talk 800 did.

I contacted Virgin to question this and they told me they were trying to find a package that was the same as talk 800 as it no longer exists. They also said not to worry but keep phoning Dubai and they would sort it.

We carried on phoning Dubai and ran up a bill of £500. Then it all started, all our services were cut off 8 times, each time we had to phone the customer services number to get it switched back on, so far 8 hours using our mobiles to get through to India, Wales and Scotland. All the time we were promised this would be sorted and we were not responsible for the £500 bill and it would be taken off our account. 

I attach recordings of your employees promising to sort this. They have all said they would phone us back but never have.

Our services are still being cut off and we have to go through another half hour of talking to people who cannot help to get it switched back on again. We rely on these services and cannot stress enough how this has affected us.

We are now in a position where we have had enough and it is time to spread the word about your dreadful behaviour, we are also seeking legal advice about breach of contract and deceitful blatant lying from your employees.

Having witnessed your treatment of us, loyal customers for years, charging us extra each year because we didn’t phone you to ask for a cheaper package I am contacting Ofcom with all the evidence I have. They won’t be surprised as Virginmedia were voted the most complained about provider in 2018. 

We are still awaiting somebody to contact us. Until then I will continue with my complaint against you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CEO or Media complaint

Hi iwillwin,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that you've not yet had a response from our Executive Team and for any ongoing account issues.

I'm confident that they're on the case but in the meantime I'd like to see what I can do. In order to investigate further, we'll need to clear account security, Obviously, we'd never request personal details via an open forum, so I'll send you a private message to complete this process. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
wondermun
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CEO or Media complaint

Hi iwillwin

Kindly advise if ever your complaint got resolved and how long it took.

I am in a very similar situation and the CEO's office has ignored me for nearly 2 months despite giving them all the evidence they need.

My post is https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/CEO-Complaint-Ignored/m-p/4038853#M...

Although someone from Virgin has responded to me on DM, they have also marked my complaint as resolved when its not.  They have not responded to my further private message either.

Cheers,

0 Kudos