cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALLER DISPLAY DISAPPEARED

willtup2
Tuning in

Had an engineer call to sort out an issue with my home phone, the engineer needed to do some work at the cab to fix my issue which he did and phone line now working great, but now the function CALLER DISPLAY has disappeared:( 

I understand from reading several messages from other virgin Media customers who have had the same thing happen to them that this is something that sometimes happens when work is done to the line at the cab and the CALLER DISPLAY needs to be re-added back on to my account.

I have phoned 150 three times now to ask for the feature to be added back on and sadly no-one knows how to do this, so would a virgin Media representative please look into this issue for me and sort out what has to be done to re-instate this feature for me. I would be very grateful thank you.

And just to note THERE IS NO FAULT WITH MY PHONE OR ITS DISPLAY thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @willtup2

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your caller display feature, I'm sorry to hear that the feature hasn't been working since the engineer call out. I would love to get this sorted for you, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thank you Serena - bless you for your very quick reply - finally managed to get my issue sorted -a clever chap on 150 put me through to second line and it seems the key criteria to fixing the issue was that whilst the reloading of caller display is being done the home phone must NOT be active so it was necessary to use my mobile phone to report the fault NOT the home phone, then the Caller Display function was able to be reloaded as the home phone was dormant at the time of reloading - problem solved !!!!

Its just a shame that so many Virgin Media staff don't know how to fix customer issues - I ring time and time again for problems encountered and invariably get staff who dont have a clue - very sad. In this instance I had phoned "Calling Features" department only to be told every time that they didnt know how to fix this issue - VM you need to train your staff this issue was not Rocket Science - it was a calling feature and yet your dedicated calling features team had no idea what to do !! They should all know how to fix problems that very definitely fall into their expertise area or if not who to transfer the call to, and should not ever be in the predicament that their answer is "I don't know so there is nothing I can do"

But for me my issue is all sorted -thank goodness xx

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @willtup2

Thank you for getting back to me, I'm glad to hear that your Caller Display issue is now resolved. Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Thank you for your feedback regarding the experience you had with our customer service team when calling to get this fixed, that's not the high standard of service we aim to provide. I will pass your feedback regardig training on to the relevant team now.

Best wishes,

Serena