Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: CALL DIVERT NOT WORKING

This is still being looked into Barryboy, we've given them a nudge to get this moved on as quickly as possible.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I still haven't heard anything from Virgin and they promised they would keep me updated.

Surely a big company like Virgin should be sorting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry this is still ongoing BARRSYBOY. Rest assured the problem still lies with the relevant team who are working to get this resolved. We do appreciate the impact this is causing, and regret that we're not in a position to get it sorted out any faster. Feel free to keep in touch here so we can continue to check on this for you, hopefully it will not be much longer for a fix now.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 24 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue and have been for some months. I've just called to raise the issue and have been told that the fault doesn't lie with Virgin, it's a problem with EE. My landline number is 0161 969 8224. Can someone please contact me to discuss how this can be fixed. I too am out and about a lot of the time and am missing valuable calls.

Thanks

Matt Billingham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi ImpressPrint,

Thank you for posting and welcome to our community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing the divert issue also. 

When we advised that the problem was with EE, did you manage to contact EE to see if they knew anything about the issue?

Hope to hear back,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt, I've been going back and forth for the last 7 weeks with no joy.

I've spoken to EE and they have insisted it's not a problem at there end and Virgin have excepted it's a fault at there end but still haven't resolved it.

I'm amazed that a massive company like Virgin can't resolve this problem quickly.

The only saving grace for me is that I'm off work till April as I've just had a new knee so I can manage the calls but if this is not resolved shortly I will have to look for another supplier as all my calls have to be diverted as there is no one to man the phone at home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi BARRSYBOY,

I'm sorry that you are also affected by the issue.

I checked the ticket logged for this fault and it is still ongoing and I do not have any further updates I'm afraid.

We'll update this threat with any updates as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this to be resolved.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I've just had a call from Virgin technical support saying there is a issue with three types of EE numbers that start with certain numbers mine being one of them as it starts 077.

They said these 3 types of numbers were bought by EE from Vodaphone and my only option is to change my number (which is not a option as it's my business number) or change supplier.

I've spoken to EE and they tell me this is total rubbish! They have never bought any numbers from Vodaphone.

Who am I to believe!!! 🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that you're eager to get this fixed and I want to help. I'm sorry if we've asked this before but I need some clarity as I want to speak to our Telephony Team about this so we can get to the bottom of it.

Can you confirm that the landline is on a residential or business account?

Are the "problem mobile numbers" calling the landline in question and the divert is failing? 

Do you know whether any other EE numbers can get through to you without any problems?

I'm sorry for asking all these questions but we need to pin point exactly where the issue may lie e.g. the call divert feature, the landline network itself and the routing or the mobile side of the problematic numbers.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, I'm on a residential landline as far as I'm aware and it's not the numbers that are calling me that are a issue as nothing diverts. Virgin tell me it's because I have a problem number as it starts 077 but it's worked fine for 10 years.

EE insist they have never bought any numbers off Vodaphone so it makes no sense.

0 Kudos