Menu
shrubpigsteven
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buzzing Land Line

Hi there. We have had for some time now a buzzing noise on our landline, sometimes with crackling thrown in for good measure. Done all the obvious checks, but no joy, so any suggestions, or should I call an engineer? Can still make calls, but the volume is very poor also.

Regards  Steve Hollands.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buzzing Land Line

Hi shrubpigsteven,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Have you been able to try an alternative landline handset? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
shrubpigsteven
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello there. YES, I did that first off with no change in noise level at all. So, I checked all the junction points around the house, there are only 2 for electrical integrity and found only that the daft push-in self stripping connections were only part the way into their receptacles. So, cured that and with a modest squirt of a dewatering fluid to combat dry connections in the future, the sound quality is crystal clear once more. A bad earth connection causing the buzzing I am guessing.

Regards  Steve.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that information. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look to get an engineer investigate this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Steve (@shrubpigsteven)

I am sorry about any confusion caused via the Private Messages. 

I can confirm that a technician has been booked for you for your noisy line; you can check the date and time of this via the Private Message reply and also via your online account. If you need to change or cancel it for any reason, you can also do this via your online account.

Please do feel free to pop back and let us know how the visit goes. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos