Menu
DavidH3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Builders damaged my phone cable

I think my builders have damaged the telephone component of our Virgin media cable (broadband and TV still seem to be working correctly) while raking out the mortar ready to repoint.

1. Would it be OK to wait until the renovations are complete before calling an engineer to replace the cabling?
  2. Does your job booking system allow the teams laying and connecting the new cable be able to complete both tasks in a single day, or will I need to accept an extended outage to broadband and TV?
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Builders damaged my phone cable

Hi there @DavidH3

Thanks for popping on by - sorry to hear about your telephone cable being damaged. 

Ideally, we'd like to get a technician out to check this ASAP. The technician will do the initial assessment and then they'll be able to see if this can be fixed there and then or if this needs a total repull and replacement of the cable.

Please let us know if you'd like us  to book a fault technician to come and check this and we can book one in for you ASAP. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DavidH3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie

They've finished grinding out in the immediate area of the cable and have done an initial clean down, so it should be OK for an engineer to attend. Can you confirm that if a new cable is required that we can schedule it at a mutually convenient time. I rely on my broadband for work, and would need to take leave if it was going to be down for any appreciable time.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DavidH3

I'll not be able to confirm that from here - only the technician will be able to confirm once he's visited. 

I have located your account from you forum information and booked the first available slot we had listed on the system - you can check the date and time of this via your online account. If you need to change or update it you can do that via the account also. 

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos