Menu
AJOC
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brown Box and crackling line

Hi, I've just replaced my home phone but now the crackling on the line is so bad I can't hear the person on the other end!  The Brown Box outside has completely disintegrated and the wires are all exposed.  It was installed over 10years ago.  Could this be the reason?  In the instructions for the new BT phone with three handsets it mentions a filter but VM say these don't make any difference to the VM line.  Can anyone advise what to do?  Do I need an engineer to take a look?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line Noise Issues - Engineer Required

Sounds like you need an engineer to come fix line issue and replace the omni box outside.

Quickest way to resolve this is to call customer service on 0345 454 1111 or hang tight here for 2-14 days.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Brown Box and crackling line

Thanks for the post AJOC and welcome to our community.

We'll pop you over a private message to pass security and book an engineer appointment for you. 

Thanks, Emily.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown Box and crackling line

@Emily_Gwow that was quick 🙂

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
AJOC
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Noise Issues - Engineer Required

Thanks very much for the info!