cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken home phone line

Colinporter37
Joining in

Good evening,

We have had nothing come through on our phone line for about a month now.

Thought the phones might be faulty but the new ones we have just installed are doing the same thing.

Checked all the cables inside and out all looking fine.

Can someone please advise as we have been paying for the phone line but unable to use it.

Best wishes

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Colinporter37, thank you for posting on our help forum today and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to see you have issues with your landline, we're eager to best help with this.
Can you please advise how your device connects to the line, at the minute? Is it via the back of the hub using an adaptor (line via fibre) or is it plugged on to the wall phone socket?

Also, could you tell us if you received any communication from us in regard to a change to this service recently?
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Colinporter37, thank you for posting on our help forum today and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to see you have issues with your landline, we're eager to best help with this.
Can you please advise how your device connects to the line, at the minute? Is it via the back of the hub using an adaptor (line via fibre) or is it plugged on to the wall phone socket?

Also, could you tell us if you received any communication from us in regard to a change to this service recently?
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

Good evening,

It is connected straight into the socket on the wall.

We have had no communication about any changes to the service.

Best wishes

Colin 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, Colin 🙂
Also thank you for confirming the type of landline you have and that you haven't had any changes to this recently.

We're eager to assist with any service faults, since you've said you tried other handsets and the issue persists, could you also tell us if there is a dial tone before you ring someone out from your handsets and how many devices are currently in use?
Furthermore, could you let us know if your phone connects to a Master Socket (big socket with logo) or an extension (small, plain white)?

Adri
Forum Team

Good Evening,

Thankyou for the reply.

There is no dial tone and we cannot ring out or revieve calls at all.

The phone is plugged into the extension cable you supplied but i have tried it straight in the wall socket with the logo but there is no change.

Best wishes

Colin 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to me and for this info passed, Colin

Sorry to see your line is completely dead when plugged in the master socket, too.
We're happy to assist further with this, to enable me to do so I will need to send you a private message here shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message

Adri
Forum Team

My phone has stoped dailing out, not received any converters, have dail tone, but deal lines.

Hi @whiterose55 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your landline. 

Have you tried following the advise here 👉 Why is my Virgin landline not working?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

whiterose55
Tuning in

after raising message her , phone line nw cleared and working.. BUT Virgin NEED a simple click here for CHAT and or Report faults/Book engineer. Apologies for shouty text...

I'm glad to hear the phone line is now working and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If we can help with anything else, do let us know.

Have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team