cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Answerphone

Roger123
Dialled in

Virgin Media, in all my 40 years in business, are the MOST despicable, lazy so-called internet providers. My ANSWERPHONE, which is sending all 'calls to VOICEMAIL, has been broken for weeks but instead of my trying to get a technician to deal with it, I have been 'fobbed' off and/or totally ignored whilst waiting for a 'Manager' to come to the phone (waited one hour). I am STILL no nearer having my ANSWERPHONE repaired. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Roger123,

Steven has been helping you via PM and will provide an update when he has one. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

52 REPLIES 52

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Roger123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your voicemail at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me Roger but there is no need to keep posting, I have passed your request over to our 2nd line faults team, they would need to look into this remotely before a technician can be despatched. They will be in touch with you in the next 24 hours with an update on the issue. If they are unable to resolve this remotely then they will be able to arrange an engineer visit with you. I have also private messaged you with the same update around an hour and 15 minutes ago. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

ONCE AGAIN PROMISES, PROMISES. IT IS RATHER LIKE VICTOR MELDREW'S WIFE SAYING "TODAY IT IS ALL ABOUT (LACK OF WITH VIRGIN MEDIA) SPEED AND GREED AND NOTHING ACTUALLY GETS DONE". 

I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN SOMETHING ACTUALLY GETS DONE!

Hi Roger123

I'm trying to help you but there is no need to carry on posting, please see the private message that I sent at 14.22 for an update along with the post on this thread at 15.39 that contains the same information.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Keep detailed records of VM's failure to fix the issue. You should be eligible for compensation (para 16) if you are unable to receive inbound calls because they all go to voicemail.

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

and

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Unfortunately VM often tries to dodge paying out in the topics reported on here so you may well have to escalate to arbitration for a third party assessment and decision on what is due to you once your service is restored.

AS FAR AS VIRGIN MEDIA IS CONCERNED MAYBE VICTOR MELDREW'S WIFE WAS RIGHT IN SAYING 'IT IS ALL SPEED AND GREED AND NOTHING ACTUALLY GETS DONE'!

THERE IS NO EMAIL IN MY INBOX TIMED AT 14.22. WHEN WILL YOU TAKE THIS ON BOARD?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You were sent a private message, not an email.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection