cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Botched 21cv switchover. FUMING

ali-bee
Tuning in

So the TLDR (yes this is the TLDR... I've spent hours talking to CSR's) version is that after weeks of our phone service being incoming only, an engineer came out to fix it. Except he came to upgrade our hub to hub 3 for 21cv. He said the outgoing call block was a tactic to get us to arrange an upgrade (which they didn't actually tell us that his visit was a hub upgrade so I readied the wrong area)

He couldn't connect our phone to the new hub there and then, so as soon as I was able to connect it up to verify the switchover went correctly (only a day later) there was no dial tone on either line. I rang the CS line and the lady muttered something about a disconnection but then said it would take 24 hours for the switchover to happen.

Still no dial tone so called CS back and after a lengthy discussion discover that instead of transitioning my phone line, it was hard disconnected! he said because it wasn't done before June 21st that the phone line has been cancelled and would take 2 weeks to re-instate, and our phone number released back to openreach and would take another 2 weeks to port back.

I suspect a lot of what the "manager" told me was just a ploy to get me off the phone since for instance the engineer visit was on the 20th. and instead of connecting the 21cv line, they just cancelled it instead.

We are now without even an incoming land line which is THE EMERGENCY CONTACT number for various things including my kids' school (and they are accident prone so we get called on it plenty enough) for potentially a month

A MONTH

How can I escalate this further as the whole situation is totally unacceptable and the regular call centre people don't seem to have enough authority to do anything except "apologize" and "understand where I'm coming from" and act like this farce was my fault. VM has done a very good job of insulating people with authority to make things happen form their customers.

Oh I forgot. this is how you treat customers who have been with you for over 20 years... since the company was called ntl... (and I used to be an employee of that previous company...)

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ali-bee

I'm so sorry to hear about your issue with the landline migration to 21CV, thank you for posting on our community forum and a very big welcome with this being your first post.

I'm going to drop you a private message now so we can collect some more information and I can look to have your issue resolved. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cheers Travis

In case anyone is following along, Travis_M has managed to restore my original telephony account (it had been completely removed from my package) and it even has the original phone number. They are now going to proceed with the switchover to 21CV, but

So this basically proves that 90% of what the fine people in the remote call centre told me (that it would take 2 weeks to restore telephony to my account, that the phone number associated with the account had been released back to openreach and would no longer be available and would take another 2 weeks to reclaim and a bunch of other things) was just more fob offs to get me off the phone. "the manager" person (the person sat on the next desk to the first person I spoke to, I'm sure) even told me he'd confirm in an email that I would receive refund/compensation for the time that the phone line was out of action, and of course I have not received any such email.

I'm not going to call them liars but I'd say they have a limited grasp on reality...

So thank you for you hard work @Travis_M and I hope the transfer goes smoothly 😁

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ali-bee

Thanks for your reply

You're very welcome and thank you for confirming those details with me via Private Message.

Our team will be in touch with confirmation of when the switchover will happen but everything for now is back to normal and up and running 🙂

Have a great weekend

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs