Menu
Bucknall
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Booking an engineer to mend landline

Our phone has been dead for several months.  I have tried everything to resolve the issue but need an engineer now.  Can't contact VM on the phone and no email help address is available.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking an engineer to mend landline

Good Morning Bucknall,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been experiencing no dial tone on your handset for an extended period of time.

There doesn't appear to be an outage currently flagging in your local area. Can you please advise me what diagnostics you've ran at home? I'll seek to see if there's anything further we can advise before we go through the process of booking an engineer for you

I would always advise customers to try an alternative handset to see if it's an issue with the handset you're using.

If you're using the phone line (as oppose to the hub) for telephony services, please make sure the handset is connected to the master socket and that any other equipment connected to extension sockets are removed. 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Bucknall
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for replying. I have tried different handset. It is plugged into the master socket. If you dial into the house the caller hears the phone ringing at his end but there is no ringing in the house. There is no dial tone. I have checked for outages on occasions but there have not been any. We pay for a bundle including phone so I am keen to get it resolved soon. I also missed quite an important and urgent call the other day. Thank you 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I've been able to book an engineer for you to attend to the landline service you

You will be able to find confirmation of the booking in your self-care account, and this can be amended if required

Do feel free to update the thread to let us know how the visit goes

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Bucknall
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much!  I will leave feedback when he's been on Friday.

0 Kudos