Menu
pmh123456
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Booking an engineer for elderly neighbour

My elderly, vulnerable neighbour's landline stopped working 10 days ago.  He needs to book an engineer, but can't find how to get in contact with Virgin.  We tried calling from my mobile, but he can't remember his security details.  We also tried the web form, but we couldn't complete it for the same reason.  We couldn't find an email address to contact Virgin at directly anywhere!  Can anyone please help?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking an engineer for elderly neighbour

Hi there @pmh123456

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that your neighbour is having an issue with their landline and also with getting in touch with us. Security is not required for faults so I can only apologise you have not been able to get through.

We'll be more than happy to take a closer look for you here; I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some details about your neighbour and see what we can do to assist. Please do look for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers so much for the private message @pmh123456

I have located the account and can see the line is what we called blocked. Sometimes this can be resolved remotely - are you able to ask your neighbour to unplug all handsets in all sockets in the home for at least 15 minutes. 

Once that has been done, I can refresh from here and see if the line has cleared. 

Please do pop back when you can - I'm about here personally until around 5pm

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your update @pmh123456

Looks like the line is still blocked and as such we will need a technician visit. I have booked the first available we have on the system but as you have advised that Barron is vulnerable and alone, I have escalated this to our Priority technician team with the aim to get someone out within the next 4 working hours for you both.

Once I have an update from the team, I shall be sure to let you know. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And in the 5 minutes it took me to type my reply, I have had a response from the Priority team to advise that someone will attend your neighbour this afternoon.  

Please do keep me posted 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

pmh123456
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great, thank you.  I've let him know!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are more than welcome @pmh123456

Hope to hear good news from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos