Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocking nuisance calls

I'm registered with TPS but still getting quite a few nuisance calls on my landline - including a guy operating a "Hello, I'm from Microsoft" scam who rang up when my son was asleep in bed after working nights. He said he was going to call back every time  I hung up, so, after he called back three times in succession, I had to rip my phone out of the wall. 

BT, TalkTalk and Sky all have a free option for customers to block unwanted numbers, but it appears that Virgin doesn't offer this. Are there plans to introduce this feature?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there JudithG, 

Thanks for your post - so sorry that you have been receiving these calls. Have you managed to report them to Action Fraud at all? https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Currently we do not have a service that allows you to block specific numbers - sorry about that. If/when we do have any changes to our products and services, our customers will be notified. You can check for any customer news here: virg.in/custnews

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I for one, am getting the same calls that are menacing. After some personal research these calls are linked to VOIP systems that throw out random single digits (usually 0) to hide a companies true identity. I agree with the OP that VM should be doing something about this now as the tech is here and other providers have gone way ahead of them. In conclusion I get calls from 04502 area codes and 020 codes too. How frustrating it is to not block or shield these types of calls on the fly. I have a CPR call blocker but is not line connected because of the high price of Caller ID service set by providers!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi hamtrektng, thanks for posting and sorry for the nuisance calls. 

Relating resolving this, Caller display is free of charge, and you should already have this added to your account.

You can also purchase a handset that has inbuilt caller screening, which basically means whoever is calling you have to identify themselves before the call is connected, thus you have the choice to decide to answer. It's not something we do support here, however I personally have this at home and it has limited the calls I get.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos