Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Billing

Hi

I've had my vigin home phone since March 2019, and been paying for a landline since then.

I never had reason to use the fine as it was for emergency in case my mobile didn't connect

During lockdown I had no mobile and went to call on my house phone, only to find out that although I have been paying all this time I have NOT had access to vigin landline, as the engineer didn't connect the aerial to the hub unit

I've been trying to contact billing but obviously you guys are very busy, and would like some advice please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing

Hi Dee111

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this. I've checked the account and can see a technician visit the other day happened. Did this fix everything? 

Regarding any compensation, we'd only be able to credit from the period reported to us as per the Automatic Compensation policy here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi your vivid -19 compensation came in in March.

My problem began in March 2019!!!

I am happy to accept a refund from March 2019, until your change of compensation in March 2020.

I was unaware that I had a problem until I needed to use the fone in an emergency only to find it wasn't even connected by the company.

This means your contract with me has not been honoured, and the onus as the supplier fall back to you.

If this cannot be resolved at this level , I shall contact your CEO , and explain that a disabled, vulnerable client has been put in this situation through no fault of my own, and I'm.being told a refund is not possible

Thankfully , your engineer realised that your previous engineer had not connected the hub, and my problem is resolved

I await your response

Dee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It did indeed however we would only credit it from the time reported so say if that was only on Monday this week and fixed Tuesday, then no compensation would be applicable. The dates are example only.

I am glad everything is fixed as well.

I am sorry you wish to escalate this. I'll PM you know for the complaint

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

How am I to know I have a problem until I use the phone?

I trusted that your company had done what I was paying them to do and that was to ensure I had my home fone connected in case of an emergency.

If there is no trust that a company is carrying out what it is contracted to do, and in this case not even leave to antennae needed for the fone to be connected, then what does that say for the company

Thank you for your time, but I am now going to email  Lutz Shueler with this complaint.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It wouldn't go to the CEO as that's not part of the complaints procedure. Any further mails would be assigned to the complaint reference above that I have gave you.

Would you like me to arrange a deadlock letter for you regarding this complaint?

Kind regards

John

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I'm.judt in the process of emailing Lutz, as you say it can't be resolved at this level, and I feel.it is a disgrace that a vulnerable disabled pensioner has been left in this situation and no one at Management level.is willing to resolve this.

That is what a management team.us there for, so that Lutz can get on with the job of being CEO

Regards

0 Kudos