Menu
ColmCarton
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Billed for calls and dont have a phone connected.

I've been billed for calls that i've not made. I don't have a phone connected to the line. This has now happened for 2 months, I've made a complaint by email and not had a response. Customer service is poor, on hold forever.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for calls and dont have a phone connected.

Hi ColmCarton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the call dispute. We can offer you the following; we can PM you to get the details and then book a technician for a possible crossed line. If the technician visit finds this to be the case, we'd of course credit the cost of the calls and prevent this from happening. 

However, if they don't, then you'd be charged the call costs plus a £99 call out charge.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ColmCarton wrote:

I've been billed for calls that i've not made. I don't have a phone connected to the line. This has now happened for 2 months, I've made a complaint by email and not had a response. Customer service is poor, on hold forever.

Do you happen to have any other devices connected to the phone line such as security or personal alarms, health monitors, audio visual or IT equipment, other telecoms devices such as call blockers?

There was a recent post on the forum about a trueCall call screening device generating additional and unexpected costs when it was dialling out for updates.

Are the unexpected calls to the same number or different ones? Have you Googled any of the numbers you are being charged for to see if you can identify them?

0 Kudos
ColmCarton
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing at all connected and never has been since installation. According to Virgin it maybe a bad connection causing a short! 2 hours on hold yesterday and then cut off.....

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello ColmCarton

I am very sorry this has happened

Let me get things sorted out for you 

We need to get an engineer out to check the cabling and cabinet. 

Once the engineer has been out, I can check notes and remove the incorrect call charges 

I will need to pass security with you first by Private Message 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ColmCarton
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I'd like to move forward and get an engineer booked to visit and resolve this issue

0 Kudos